The lower abs cover the entire midsection and all men and women are looking for ways by which they can reduce fat in that area. Now, to lower the belly fat and to gain abs the people have to do effective exercise that target the abdominal muscles. Through this, you will be strengthening your abdominal muscles too with every rep you do.
Best Exercises for Lower Abs
The most important tip to get most of these exercises would be to focus on the activation of the core. This means that you need to be mentally focused and that would help you gain strength over time.
The planks are one of the most important exercises for the abs and also full-body workout, but before you jump on to this one practice the traditional plank. This helps in building stability when the entire body is under tension.
- Take the standard plank position. Keep your feet apart and activate your core. After that, you need to press your shoulder blades downwards and inwards.
- Uphold an angle of 45 degrees by using your elbows. Move your firearms in order to clasp your hands.
- Experience the tension all the way through.
- You need to keep your knees straight and the pelvis up. Maintain this with your legs straight.
- Do 4-6 sets of this. Take rest in between.
Dumbbell Side Bend
This is among the best workouts for abs and to get a flat tummy as well. Women will find this exercise most useful. For this, you will need a dumbbell that is of medium weight.
- First, you need to select which side you need to hold the dumbbell and hold it with your palm facing inwards.
- Keep your back straight and stand keeping your feet apart.
- Bend the waist and move the dumbbell towards the ground.
- Now bend as much as you can.
- Do 10-12 reps for it. Take rest for 45-60 seconds in between it.
Through this exercise, you can focus on stability and also control. In this exercise, your glutes, rectus abdominis, and spine all will be involved.
You need to complete exercise for one side at a time. After that head on to the next one.
- Keep your wrist under the shoulders and knees under the hips.
- Activate the core. Now lift the arm and the leg opposite to it. Keep your leg straight.
- Your palm should face inward and keep your arm out. Maintain a bend so that the tricep can hold you back.
- Hold it for a second. After that move backward. Bring your arm. And the legs back until the elbows and knees touch.
- Do 8-10 reps and three sets. Take a rest of 30 seconds in between.
This is one of the best exercises. It helps in toning the lower abs and lifts your butt.
- Lie down on your back. Keep your feet flat and the knees bent.
- Slightly lift your butt up until you align from knees to shoulders in a straight line.
- Again lay down.
- Repeat it 15-20 times.
This exercise is also called waist whittlers by some.
- Do the forearm plank keeping your elbows directly under the shoulders. You need to keep your body straight.
- Next, you need to twist your hip towards the left. Touch your left hip to the floor and then twist to the right side.
- Next, you need to touch the right hip to the floor.
- Do this 20 times.
This is one of the most effective exercise for the abs.
- Lay down on the floor. Keep your knees bent and lift your back. Your calves should be parallel to the floor.
- Keep your hands behind the neck. Do this so that your head gets support.
- Bring your left knee towards the right elbow. Now you need to straighten the right leg too.
- Do the same with the right knee
- Do this for 1-2 minutes for both the legs.
This is among the best exercises. It will help in strengthening the abs and the oblique muscles.
You can do this exercise with weight and without weight too.
- You need to sit on your butt pressing your feet on the ground. The knees should be bent.
- Lean a little backward.
- Now take a dumbbell. If you find it heavy then do it by joining your hands together.
- Now you have to rotate the dumbbell from one side to the other. Do twist your torso.
- Do 10 twists on both sides.
This is also a great option for your abs.
- Lay on your back and keep your feet pressed.
- Raise your hips till you align your shoulders and knees.
- Move your hips in waves from one side to the other.
- Do these 15 times.
Do the sets which are prescribed to you for each of the lower abs taking a rest of about 60 seconds in between. Perform the lower abs workout for 3-4 days a week to get good results.
- Ultimate Buying Guide to Power Racks
- What Should I Put Under My Power Rack?
- 5 Best Health Apps
- Chris Pine Workout Routine and Diet Plan