Christopher Hemsworth is an Australian actor. He is best known for playing Thor in Marvel Cinematic Universe films. Sport and fitness was always a major part of his life as he played Aussie rules football. He’d always been fit.
When Thor was adopted as a Marvel Comics hero his character’s powers aside from his immortality were his superhuman strength and speed. So this requires someone whose physique was more fitting of a deity than a mortal.
Chris Hemsworth’s Thor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Chris Hemsworth’s Thor diet is not as easy as the Marvel superhero needs to be larger than life itself. So the intensive muscles are needed. As the body is naturally muscular, therefore a vigorous regimen is needed to prepare for the role.
Chris Hemsworth’s workout plan:
The workout plan is consistent, has intensity and dedication. It needs some serious bodybuilding. He had to burn excess calories that too within an hour.
As per Luke Zocchi, the workout plan consists of functional training and traditional bodybuilding. He filled a lot of weight and performs a lot of stunts on his own, he also hits the waves. Since Thor attains a lot of attention on camera, therefore his trainer and he himself focuses mainly on the shoulder and arms.
Below are some of the exercises that the actor practises:
- Back squats: This is one of the basic exercises for strength. It helps to build muscle and also improves the balance.
- Bench press: This is another staple for bodybuilding and it surely helps in building muscles.
- Deadlifts: This is one of the effective measures that can help in building strength only if you do it properly.
- Pull-ups: If you are struggling at first, then it will get easier at the last.
- Bear crawls: He performed bear crawls to better the functioning of the body.
Let us take a specific look into the exercises followed by Chris Hemsworth.
Bodyweight circuit training:
- Pull-ups: 3 sets and 15 reps for legs
- Sit-ups: 3 sets and 20 reps for abs
- Push-ups: 3 sets and 15 reps which are basically for the chest
- Front box jump: For hamstrings and involves 3 sets and 10 reps
- Bodyweight Squats: For quadriceps and involves 3 sets and 15 reps
Iron circuit training:
- Barbell Squats: This is for quadriceps and includes 3 sets ad 15 reps
- Barbell bench press: It is for the chest and involves 3 sets ad 5 reps
- Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets and 5 reps for the hamstrings
- Hammer curls: For biceps and includes 3 sets and 5 reps
- Standing military press: 3 sets ad 8 reps for the shoulders
Chris Hemsworth’s Thor Diet Plan
If you are thinking that the actor loads himself up with nutritious food then you are correct. The fitness trainer also proclaims that food is more necessary and important than fitness training.
To eat tons of food might sound amazing, but Hemsworth struggled to keep pace and work actively. Also, the actor dropped a vegan diet and complimented a workout routine.
If you wish to have a substantial amount of muscle without gaining fat, then for that you need to be aware of how much you are eating. You need to eat in 80/20 ratio. You have to eat dense and nutritional food for about 80% and the rest of it for the 20% ratio.
Let us look at some calorie/ macro guidelines which the users should look at if they are trying to gain weight.
- Calorie intake: 16-18
- Protein: About .8 grams per day
- Fats: About 20% of calories
- Carbs: The remaining calories should be filled with carbs
Let us take a clear view regarding Thors meal and diet plan:
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal, fat-free milk, 4 egg whites, 50 g cheese, orange juice, protein shake, and ½ cups of sultanas.
- Brunch: Turkey roll, protein shake, yogurt, cottage cheese
- Lunch: 100g brown rice, 1 cup broccoli, 1 glass of fat-free milk, 100g brown rice.
- Dinner: 100g asparagus, yogurt, 3 salmon fillets, 100 g quinoa.
- Snacks: Beef jerky
- Supper: 2 boiled eggs and bread slices, with a protein shake
- Zoe Saldana Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Vin Diesel Workout Routine, Diet Plan, and Body Stats
- Usain Bolt Workout Routine, Diet Plan, and Tips
- Tom Holland Workout Routine and Diet Plan