Gwen Stefani born on October 3, 1969, is a famous American singer, songwriter, actress, and record producer who is quite a livewire when on stage. She has founded the band No Doubt and is also a lead singer in it. In her long singing career, she has won three Grammys Awards and several other music awards. At present, she is a part of the TV show The Voice. She runs the business of clothing line and perfume.
Gwen Stefani Workout Routine and Diet Plan
She is known for dropping down and doing push-ups on stage while performing. Her workout regime is the secret of staying so much in shape post 40. However, she herself believes in some simple rules, like healthy eating, working out and “torturing” one’s self.
She is a mother too, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle along with bringing up the kids is not an easy task. She works out tirelessly to stay in tip-top shape. She is a busy career woman and all her fans want to follow the secret routine of her diet and fitness.
She has a Facebook fan page discussing only her abdominal muscle. She, however, never denies that she has to watch all the time what she is eating. Her old-time trainer Mike Heatlie and Beverly Hills trainer Gunnar Peterson helps her to stay in shape, with the strict diet and rigorous exercise plan.
Gwen Stefani Workout Routine
- Gwen combines weight training and cardio in her workout regime. She works out 4 times a week, each session continuing for 60 to 75 minutes. Her workout routine is followed by a few mottos like:
- She believes no one can achieve a fit body if one does not stick to the regular workout session. She never misses her 5 days workout session and does never excuse herself for any reason on any occasion.
- Her trainer prefers circuit training along with high-intensity weight training. Also, cardiovascular training helps her to own the coveted abdominal and full physique.
- Her workout is divided to improve different muscle groups simultaneously. It gives the toned muscles, and large muscle movement helps in elevation of metabolism and burn calories.
- Her abs are outstanding. It cannot be achieved only by means of situps. Machine training and medicinal balls can be inculcated into the exercise regime to get the ripped torso.
- She prefers grilling and torturing her body with hardcore exercises like boxing and strength training. Pilates and yoga are not for her. On this note, her trainer once exclaimed that she prefers targeted workouts to cut down on time. she focuses on cardio so the whole body is challenged and more muscles are formed and extra calories are burnt within less time.
- Sports like skiing, swimming and hiking are also a form of physical training, which she enjoys with her kids.
Now we will peek at her workout schedule which can provide us with some knowledge about how to get a wonderful body like hers:
- On Monday, Wednesday and Friday she does her squats and back. The routine consist of 3 sets with 15 reps of regular dumbbell squats and dumbbell squats with a twist, pull-ups, Turkish get-ups, regular crunches, stability ball crunches, mountain climbers, jump ropes or high knees and it ends with high interval training.
- On Tuesday and Thursday, she trains her lunges and upper body. To do that she does dumbbell lunges, and dumbbell lunges with a twist, skater lunge, stability ball leg curl, close grip dumbbell bench press, decline triceps extension, triceps dip, triceps extension, medicine ball crunch, stability ball crunch, plant, all in 3 sets with 15 reps and 30 minutes of cardio boxing.
Stefani does not only concentrate on physical fitness and also works on spiritual exercises. She cut herself for a year from working out as she felt she needed a break. At that time she was more on feeling good and not torturing herself.
Gwen Stefani Diet Plan
- She believes to eat farm-fresh foods, be it vegetable or fruits. Her rocking physique is maintained by the nutrient-packed vegetables and the fruits work on the anti-ageing process.
- She is a vegan and thus she eats organic vegetables and fruit. Also, she devours a lean protein. She never eats processed junk food.
- She eats organic produce and for protein, she prefers organic nuts and soy. She avoids pasta, bread and rice and most of the grains. She does not eat sugar, refine carbs, chemical additives, artificial ingredients and processed food.
- She turned to a vegan diet and lifestyle as she does not like following a particular diet and being vegan means she can have anything that is not a dairy or animal product. Beets, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, berries, spinach, banana, soy milk, almond, cashew, quinoa, avocado and beans are in her list of edibles.
- She has her cheat day too and she enjoys guilt food like pizza and cookies once or twice a week.
Gwen stays in killer shape and highly energetic due to her tough workout routine and mostly vegan diet. She hits the gym to maintain the mental peace and that is also a necessary part of well being.
- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: How to & Results
- Bodybuilding Supplements |Best for Weight Gain
- Sugar-Free Diet Plan | Foods, Benefits, Weight Loss
- Tips on Gaining Weight: Build Muscle and Gain Weight