The term ‘fitspiration’ has been probably coined keeping Halle Berry in mind. This 53-year-old star can be the example of what a person can do with regular exercise, zeal for fitness and good gene. For many of her films, she has gone through different pieces of training and diet, but she remained static in one point, that is, basic fitness and workout schedule.
Halle Berry Workout Routine and Diet Plan
We are offered her ripped abs picture in Instagram and we could not help gushing about the fitness she has achieved through all these years. She never looks like a 50+ person, in fact, her looks are enviable for a 20-year-old and so is her work out schedule.
Types of exercises:
- She once had told that “boxing is one of the full-body workouts. It sculpts each and everybody muscle along with burns most body fats. It is also effective in decreasing the stress level. Motor skills like hand-eye coordination and confidence building are other aspects of boxing.
- Yoga is always incorporated in Halle’s fitness routine. It is the part of her practice and also the warm-up for any high-intensity work out session consists of yoga. Yoga is the best way to stretch and avoid injuries.
- Stretching is a core part of Berry’s training session. She reveals that stretching and lengthening are important parts of her workout. Stretching makes the muscles stay strong and improve mobility. The chance of getting injured also lessens.
Halle Berry Workout Routine
In a Q&A session, she has shared a few secrets of her meticulous work out regime.
- One advice she always repeats is mixing up the workouts so your muscles get challenged. Doing different exercise every week means there will be no fitness plateau to hit. You can check her #fitnessfriday posts on Instagram to know how extremely varied are her workout schedule. She works out for four hours a day and does heavy and intense cardio, strength training, running, plyometric training and boxing.
- Another point she sticks to is, pushing the limit. She has done boxing regularly for three years and did handstand and donkey kicks for some time. Her intense martial art training is helping her out with the new role that she calls “most physically challenging role” of her career. Always pushing the limit beyond the comfort level has been her motto.
- She always believes in the goodness of classic exercises. She believes in switching up different workouts but that does not mean she ignores the old school tricks. Her five choicest exercises combine push-ups, pull-ups, squats, kettlebells and boxing. She believes instead of doing different kinds of modern and innovative workouts for glutes, most effective way to get shapely butt is squats. It trains the quads as well as legs. The squat is the most effective version of workout which enhances the goodness of lunges and dead-lifts. Air squat using bodyweight is most effective for her.
Her workout routine contains kettlebell squat presses in 3 sets with 10 reps, kettlebell swings in 3 sets with 15 reps. she exercises with her personal trainer.
Halle Berry Diet Plan
Being a person over 50 and a mother of two, she follows the keto diet and practices intermittent fasting to stay in shape and energetic.
- Taking multiple vitamins is another factor that keeps her going. Along with that, she takes magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, B12, and D. food supplements like green juice and bullet coffee to go with these supplements.
- Intermittent fasting or time-restricted style of eating has worked for Berry. She puts high-fat, moderate protein keto diet which helps her to keep the type 2 diabetes at check.
- She eats two meals a day and skips breakfast. She has her first meal of the day after her workout which is a combination of breakfast and lunch. This post-workout meal consists of green salad, with spinach and kale. Or else she has shredded chicken with a dark leafy salad, or she has two to three whole eggs.
- Other than avocado, she loves organic vegetables like celery and cucumber. She also eats lots of berries like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. All the berries are keto-friendly so she can consume them in lots.
- She consumes bone broth throughout the day to keep her energy high.
- Her preferred dinner is lamb chop or ketogenic stew, which comprises of cauliflower, broccoli, and lean grass-fed protein.
- She never consumes beans as it contains lots of carbohydrates.
She juggles many roles like filming movies, event attending, bringing up her two kids etc. but she prefers to have some “me” time all the same. Wearing a face mask, taking a bubble bath with a glass of wine or reading books is her favourite pastime.
Mediation is another thing she loves. She does this to keep her concentration level high and also get relieved from everyday stress.
- 8 Best Exercises for Lower Abs
- 5 Best Adjustable Bench for Home Gym under 100 USD
- 6 Best Electric Muscle Stimulators
- Chris Hemsworth’s Thor Workout Routine and Diet Plan