The English actor Idris Elba is a multi-talented person. He had successfully juggled the roles of actor, producer, musician and even disc jockey. All the characters he had played on-screen and off-screen are super successful. He had even won the Golden Globe award for this role in British crime drama Luther. Movies like Unborn, Pacific Rim, Beasts of No Nation, Thor and Mandela had been done by him.
The body transformations required in all these movies were much different and he slipped into these forms with which seems like some magical power. Here we will try to decode that magic for you.
Idris Elba Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Idris prefers to workout with less or no equipment. He loves to keep it as simple as possible. His love for shadowboxing has been proven by his rapid jabs and left-right combinations. Also, he practices a barrage of knee kicks. He believes only kickboxing makes you train each and every muscle of the body and yet no external equipment is involved in it. He believes kickboxing is all about core strength and also it gives one immense confidence.
He likes skipping to get warmed up. Skipping for 10 minutes makes the whole body sweat and makes one ready for the gym.
Idris Elba Workout Routine
Idris works out for 5 days in a week.
- On Monday he does Calisthenics with a total of 100 reps. He does 100 pushups, air squats, leg raises 100 times each and, pull-ups, lunges and dips for 50 times each.
- Tuesday Idris begins exercising with running for 45 minutes. He often runs upwards to gain more strength.
- For a full-body workout, Idris has dedicated Wednesday. It starts with the dumbbell bench press, Arnold press, light dead-lifts, wide pull-ups, preacher curls in 3 sets with 10 reps and dips, pike push-ups, leg raises with 25 reps in three sets. Wait, this is not all. He also does tricep overhead extension and sit-ups with 15 reps in 3 sets.
- On Thursday Idris runs or jogs for more than 45 minutes at a stretch.
- On Friday he does kickboxing workout. He does high and low kicks, light sparring and combos, rounds on the speed bag and rounds of shadow boxing all in 5 sets continued for 3 minutes. It is followed by one minute plank and leg raises in 5 sets with 25 reps.
- Idris prefers to rest on Saturday and Sunday.
Idris Elba Diet Plan
Idris never follows very strict diet rule and he loves to gorge on a heavy breakfast, with carbohydrate, protein, serial and eggs.
- Carbs are not an enemy for him but rather a source of energy. He boasts on making great toast, which is proof he loves his share of carbs. He believes that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.
- Talking about carbs, Idris avoids the simple carbs like pasta, rice or beer from his diet. But later his doctor suggested keeping some of them back in his meal.
- He was a lean kid and then he had a problem putting weight. But now as he had aged, he finds it is healthy to stay in shape and not make the pudge misdirected. He watches his food and does exercise regularly.
- His love for snicker bars as midnight snacks shows he is not afraid of having sweet once in a while. The caramel and nougat seem alluring to him.
- So basically he takes oatmeal with eggs for breakfast, brown rice, chicken breast and avocado for lunch and pork loin, quinoa and vegetables for dinner.
- He takes supplements for vitamins and whey protein.
Idris Elba looks shredded and lean even at his forties. He is the example of building the body muscles even after you are 40. The natural processes that he follows include shadowboxing, skipping or running keep him fit and healthy. He also goes to the gym to practice with basic equipment, but mostly he uses his own body to do the working out.
He maintains a few rules which say, eating a healthy and heavy breakfast, maintaining a standard weight and not giving up sports. He used to play basketball, soccer and rugby. He still is in athletics and says that it is a great way to stay fit and burn the calories.
- Ultimate Buying Guide to Power Racks
- What Should I Put Under My Power Rack?
- 5 Best Health Apps
- Chris Pine Workout Routine and Diet Plan