We have first noticed John Krasinski in the comedy show The Office. This famous comedy show brought John before us as Jim Halpert. The role has earned him enough fame and we started referring him as the cute chubby guy. But things changed after he got awarded with the role in the famous movie 13 Hours. Things hugely changed for him and also people started to look at him from a different angle. In this movie, he was to play the role of a navy seal and it took him a few months to get ripped off all his body fat and get a lean body with 25 pounds of rich lean muscle.
John Krasinski was a simple person who was not much bothered about eating healthy or getting into a diet. He got completely transformed as and when his new schedule started. As he has got only a few months to get ready for his new role, he had to work out to get the maximum result.
To his amazement, John quite liked this hard and beastly schedule. As per him, he quite liked this new experience when he was getting stronger every day. He felt that he got not only stronger but also wiser, as now he knew what he should eat and whatnot. Before this, he was never concerned about nutrition. He is confident to take care of his health and physique.
John Krasinski Workout Routine and Diet Plan
John Krasinski hired John Walsh as his trainer and he chalked out the most gruesome and brutal training schedule for him. It was supposed to bring maximum result within the shortest time span. John followed that routine for four months consecutively without any break and started shooting directly for the film afterwards.
John Krasinski Workout Routine:
His workout was based upon the building of different body parts. His bodybuilding workout routine looked like this:
- Bodybuilding – John starts his day with a 90 minutes cardio and this is the first thing he does in the morning. In the afternoon he again does a 60 minutes cardio and this exercise helps him to get ripped off. Later he does shoulder press and bench press to get the complete result of ripping.
- Fat shedding – He does Tabata torchers and kettlebell swings in 8 sets, each set being a 20-second long session. There is a gap between each session to take rest for 10 seconds. He does ball slams and ropes in 8 sets in 30 seconds with continuous reps. each time he takes rest for 30 seconds. He also does metabolic burnout for 7 sets with 5 seconds rest pushed in between each set. Along with that, he does variable tempo training in 5 circuits and shred sets for 5 minutes nonstop. He does six-pack supersets in 4 rounds of 30 seconds and with the 1-minute rep.
- Abs workout- he did weight lifting for abs. he did it in a pyramid style. For the first week, he lifted the medium weight with 12 reps for 3 sets each. In the second week, he did it with little bit heavyweight. The number of sets increased from 4 to 3 and also the reps are increased. For the third week, he lifted heavier weights but did it only for 4 sets. Reps were reduced from 12 to 8. The final challenge for him was the heaviest weight which he did for 5 sets but the reps were reduced to 6 times. Additionally, he did bench press, seated dumbbell press, DB rows, pull-ups, deadlifts, squats, lunges and incline press.
John Krasinski Diet Plan
Of course, there were certain changes in his diet plan too. He was always a foodie and never thought that he has to undergo any diet plan. His all-time motto regarding food was whatever tastes good is good. However, for his role in the movie 13 hours he had to take diet seriously. If he would not have followed a strict diet, the stern workout regime would not have given him the expected result. His dietician worked on that and took out all the unhealthy ingredients from his diet chart. What he needed was a healthy, fibrous and nutritious diet which will be balanced.
John’s thought about the diet was simple, the food will turn into muscle, and that is that he never went into science.
Here is the description of his diet plan:
- Breakfast – in breakfast he used to take pudding which had two frozen banana blended, one-fourth cup of almond milk, 3 scoops of casein protein powder along with 2 squares of high cacao chocolate. The side dish contains 4 slices of whole-grain bread which had the topping of almond or peanut butter or jam. The morning beverage used to be green tea or coffee. For vitamins, he used to take multivitamin supplement 3000 IU vitamin D.
- Pre-workout meal- he took fresh fruit juice to stay hydrated and whole fruits for vitamins and minerals. Protein shakes were included to boost metabolism during the workout session.
- Posts workout meal– he took 5lb lean meat or chicken to satisfy the protein need. Fresh veggies were included for the nutrition and also two sweet potatoes were there along with fresh juice or lemonade so the body stays hydrated.
- Dinner – this meal consists of 1lb of lean meat, fresh fruits and freshly cooked green leafy vegetables, all cooked in fish oil.
A few fun facts about John Krasinski:
- This 37-year-old star stands 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs approx 190 lbs.
- This star from Jack Ryan shares the gym with Chris Pratt. They have shared some of the hottest pictures via Instagram post.
- His staple food was salad, chicken and water, which helped him to get the lean body that he now boasts of.
- His body fat was 25%v when he started his work out and now, he feels, the body fat level is at 9%.
- His least favourite workout is Bulgarian Split squat and he loves bench press, which, according to him, is more like a game of counting the number of times he keeps pushing.