The singer and songwriter, Kelly Rowland, enjoys a roaring career since the days of Destiny’s Child. She has been in fame for so long, and the “that” Coachella performance with Beyonce had satisfied her fans with the energy and positivity on stage. She is now 37 years old and mom to a boy, but her look and physique will not support the facts.
Kelly Rowland Workout Routine and Diet Plan
Her flat belly, cut arms and sculpted shoulders are something people will vie for. Her long time trainer Jeanette Jenkins trains her in such a way that if you are able to follow that, you will be getting a hot body by paying extra attention to the upper body. Abs and arms are the focal points of the training schedule while the whole body will be challenged.
Kelly Rowland Workout Routine
She has learnt to love her body and she explains that living a healthy lifestyle is the key to stay in good health and shape. One need to understand which food is good for the body, so you can have a burger and eat it too, but then do the necessary extra exercise as well.
Her Favourite Workout:
She loves Pilates. She works out with her personal trainer and does not join any class. She believes that Pilates is great for improving core strength. She started doing it after she gave birth to a baby boy. After that period, keeping the abs in shape was impossible without the help of Pilates. It helps to keep the core tight and brings out the abs.
Her Postpartum Routine:
After childbirth, she was diagnosed with diastasis recti, a disease which separates the abs from the centre. It causes different back problems. She then learnt to accept the fact that the body may not be the same one as it was before pregnancy, but she can love it and work on it to get fitter and prettier.
Loving the body:
Taking care of the body one is in and being comfortable with it is a boon, and Kelly had achieved it. Being positive and comfortable about the body and feel that there is no one like you, is what she realized at this period. She claims that one should always celebrate one’s uniqueness, even with its flaws. You should not try to dress like one, try to look like one or shaped like one because it is you and that is what makes you unique.
Her Workout Session:
She has some favourite workout postures, the set complies of the specific moves, and then she repeats the entire set two more times. Jumping jacks for 30 seconds between the exercise set burns more calorie.
The total set needs 15 minutes to get completed. Free weights are needed for the exercises.
- Plie steps in 3 sets with 6 reps
- The back attack in 3 sets with 10 reps
- Tri core toner in 3 sets with 20 reps
- Starfish toe touch in 3 sets with 6 reps
- Decline twists in 3 sets with 10 reps
She does her workout in the morning as she feels it work better in the morning than in the afternoon.
Kelly Rowland Diet Plan
Kelly believes in spirituality as well. The first thing she does in the morning is three minutes of meditation. Meditation has helped her very much. This actually works like a protective layer which shields your mind from any and every situation that you have to face throughout the day. It will not let you shake through any bad phase.
- Then she makes her breakfast and this is the time she spends with her son too. She loves to have oatmeal with maple syrup, a pinch of salt and almond milk. Sometimes to change her taste she adds cinnamon, raisins and pumpkin seed. She prefers green tea over caffeine.
- For lunch, she eats whole wheat pasta with crab and tomato sauce.
- Dinner is grilled fish with steamed vegetables or duck salad.
- For snacking she prefers pumpkin seeds, fruits, carrots with houmous.
She does not follow a strict diet as such but she has cut sugar from her diet, as she was craving to shed a few pounds after her childbirth. She loves to have healthy fruit and vegetables, grilled fish and meat. She eats by 80/20 rule, which means she will eat 80% of healthy food and 20% food with being of her own choice, and it can be anything. Choosing natural unprocessed food is a must. She sticks to the healthy food and cuts down chocolates, sugary drinks and sweets.
Her Diet Mantra:
- Drink one litre of water per day.
- Five or more portions of vegetables and fruit are necessary.
- Eat grilled or lean meat and not the fried ones.
She is aware of the body parts that may cause a problem. She accepts that curviness is in her genes. So she concentrates on her hips and thighs. She has cellulite and stretch marks but she works out adequately to stay in shape, so these areas do not fetch more attention. She is a non-believer of crazy diets and eats food to exercise it out. She lives a healthy life and that is the secret of staying fit for her.
- Chris Hemsworth’s Thor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- 5 Best Leg Press Machines For Bad Knees
- 7 Best Pilates Reformer for Studio
- Ian Somerhalder Workout Routine and Diet Plan