Mark Wahlberg always stays in shape, as he is fanatic about his fitness and he loves his body as much as he loves his family and career. He is a professional in Hollywood and so like others, he takes his diet and workout regime quite seriously.
He had a troubled youth. He was helped by his brother to get into a better life. He was enthralled with fitness and weight lifting soon. Now he is a famous actor as well as a TV producer. He has played different roles in his movies.
For those roles, he needed to get into different body shapes, and so his physique has undergone many changes. He had been 221 lbs for some of his movies and he had been 165 lbs for some other role. He had played the role of Miami bodybuilder for which he had to gain most of the mass.
Mark Wahlberg Workout Routine and Diet Plan
He has a muscular body now, but earlier he was lean as he had played the role of Marky Mark the rapper. He is really serious about his workout regime and he follows his trainer Brian Nguyen for his advice. Brian has been his trainer for the last 13 years and he has provided Mark with the most demanding body shapes for several of his movies.
Mark, as we have mentioned earlier, loves his family. He is able to take out family time twice a day and also he has some business meetings to do throughout the day. To manage all these jobs along with his workout and other regular chores, he maintains an unusual but strictly effective routine, which will amaze most of us.
So here is a glimpse from his daily routine:
- Mark wakes up at 2.30 am and gets himself cleaned.
- At 2.45 he does his prayer for 15 minutes as he is a devout Catholic.
- By 3.15 am when the rest of the world is sleeping, Mark has his first meal of the day.
- From 3.240 to 5.15 he works out.
- At 5.30 he has his post-workout meal.
- Then he showers at 6 and plays golf for half an hour at 7.30 am.
- By 8 he takes some snacks and by 9.30 he starts his day with his office work.
- By 10.30 he takes another round of snacks.
- From 11 to 1 pm he does his job and then he takes his lunch at 1 pm. This extends to 2 pm.
- He is back at his work and keeps working till 3 pm when it is the time for him to pick the kids from schools.
- At 3.30 he takes another snack and at 4 he does his workout for an hour.
- At 5 he takes shower and then he takes dinner at 5.30. from then till 7.30 he spends time with his family.
- He goes to bed at 7.30.
Mark Wahlberg Workout Routine:
- His workout starts at the early time of day, or rather night, and it starts with RAMP. This is a range of motions, activation and movement. He does spiderman stretch, hip bridges and foam rolling. The bilateral and unilateral strength moves he does comprise of heavy bands, dumbbells, TRX and the very trendy kettlebells. He does exercise for his blower body to maintain the balance and agility.
- Mark breaks his workouts in quite a few schedules which makes every term short. The first set of exercise is dedicated to weight training including overhead presses, vertical presses and reverse lunges. Post-workout he gets cryotherapy session to get over the muscle pain and inflammation. He also says that this therapy helps him to get good sleep.
- His routine for each day is dedicated to each body part.
- On Monday he works on his chest and arms. He does flat bench press, dumbbells chest flys, incline bench press, front shoulder raises, decline bench press, side shoulder raises, seated shoulder military press, alternating standing shoulder press, parallel bar dip, cable triceps press down, lying barbell triceps extension and single-arm overhand triceps extension.
- He works out for abs and cardio in the afternoon. In this set he does stretching, bands, Val slides, foam roller, curl-ups, bicycle crunches, side crunches, hip ups, medicine ball twists and elliptical or treadmill for 30 minutes.
- On Tuesday morning he works for legs and back. He does 20 different workouts like the front squat, split squat, leg press, jump squats, walking lunges, calf raises, barbell deadlifts, alternating leg curls, pull-ups, dumbbells rows, lat pulldowns, seated pulley rows.
- In the afternoon he does stretching, biceps and cardio by doing bands, TRX, foam roller, seated bicep curl, dumbbell bicep curl, barbell bicep curl, EZ bar curl, preacher curl, machine bicep curl, elliptical or treadmill for 30 minutes.
- Wednesday is rest for him as he takes the day off to recover the body.
- Thursday is dedicated for a full-body workout. In the morning he does 19 exercises. He does the circuits for 4 rounds and 8 reps. each circuit consists of power clean, barbell deadlift, clean and press, push press, hang snatch. This is all about circuit 1.
- Circuit 2 consists of barbell bench press, split squat, inverted row, barbell deadlift, seated chest press, cable bicep curl, leg press, seated side lateral raise, triceps pushdown, abs, cardio and stretching, curl-ups, bicycle crunches, side crunches and hip ups.
- Friday he does his medicine ball twists. In the morning he works out for arms, chest and biceps. With 8 to 12 time repetitions, he does flat bench press, dumbbell chest flys, incline bench press, front shoulder raises, decline bench press, side shoulder raises, seated shoulder raises, seated shoulder military press, alternating standing shoulder military press, parallel bar dips, cable tricep press down, lying barbell triceps extension, single-arm overhand triceps extension. In the afternoon, he does stretching, TRX work, dumbbell bicep curl, barbell bicep curl, EZ bar curl, preacher curl, machine bicep curl and elliptical.
- Saturday he works out for back, abs and legs. Front squats, split squats, leg press, jump squats, walking lunges, calf raises, barbell deadlifts, alternating leg curls, pull-ups, dumbbell rows, lat pulldowns, seated pulley rows are the exercises he does in this set. For the afternoon session, he does curl-ups, bicycle crunches, side crunches, hip ups, medicine ball twist and treadmill for 30 mins.
- Sunday he takes full rest.
Mark Wahlberg Diet Plan:
He eats steel oats, blueberries, peanut butter and eggs for the first meal of the day. The second meal consists of protein shake, sweet potato, and 3 turkey burgers. In the third meal, he takes 10 turkey meatballs. The fourth meal is lunch and he eats grilled chicken salad, 2 hard-boiled eggs, avocado, olive, cucumber, lettuce and tomato. The fifth meal consists of New York steak with green pepper. Last meal is dinner which he makes with grilled chicken with Bok Choy.
He takes various multivitamins, BCCA’s and a protein shake.
He has a great workout routine and thus unsurprisingly he looks great and in shape always.
- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: How to & Results
- Bodybuilding Supplements |Best for Weight Gain
- Sugar-Free Diet Plan | Foods, Benefits, Weight Loss
- Tips on Gaining Weight: Build Muscle and Gain Weight