People are now becoming more and more fitness conscious and new inventions of smarter gadgets with adaptable technology are opening a new era to the horizon of fitness. The new addition of the gadgets is Mirror. The name is suggestive enough, and a Mirror is actually, a mirror with loads of features.
What is Mirror?
This is interactive fitness equipment which can be kept at home and it can change your workout regime similar to that of a fitness studio. This high tech workout equipment converts your home into interactive home gym. It contains all the essential components of a studio like- variety, personalization or different communities are brought through a singular platform. You can take your workout classes while at the convenience of your living room.
The stylish and sleek design of Mirror is an attractive addition to your home interior. Carbon steel frame with mineral bronze powder coating makes the item look subtle and simple yet classy. When it is not switched on, no one can tell it from a regular mirror with a stylish metal frame.
But this does not simply mean that you can follow some workout videos like you can from some online channels. The responsive display of Mirror, the stereo speaker and the camera makes it a fully creative companion of workout session.
- Mirror works in many ways like a Peleton bike or Tread, but the brownie point is earned by the compact size. The compactness of this item also works for its favour. The height is 52 inch while the width is 22 inch, and it is barely 1.4 inch thick. A small apartment owner can successfully install this and practice with it.
- In the middle of the Mirror there is a 40 inch 1080 megapixel camera, which is vibrant. You can use this camera to take selfies post workout. At the bottom the 10 watt two speakers which emit crystal clear sound. A one or six foot power cable is also available along with.
- The 70 pound weighing mirror can be securely fitted to the wall of apartment and will be stuck securely and sturdily.
- You can do new classes everyday as the subscription adds them to the Mirror. A wide range of variations are available like cardio, yoga, Pilates, Barre, boxing and strength, everything can be practiced with Mirror. Total 13 different genres are included in the programme. The collection tab of the Mirror has three packages suited for beginners or for quick 15 minute workouts etc.
- There are many benefits of Mirror, one being, you can actually see the instructor and yourself on the screen. This is like working out in any studio where you can follow the instructor and correct your postures.
- The responsive screen of Mirror works best when you are not feeling like exercising. It will interact with you like a real trainer.
- The Bluetooth heart rate monitor can gauge the heart rate of yours while exercising.
- The apple watch can be enabled in competition mode which will make you work out harder.
- The Mirror can track your potential so you can achieve, maintain and recover from the state that you are in.
- This is not a touch screen gadget. So you need to install a mobile app on your mobile. From this app you will be able to select the pre-recorded classes to do the exercise. The instructor will appear on screen and will direct you through the moves.
- You will be able to see your body alongside the mirror and thus can see if you are able to follow the directions perfectly.
- You can control the volume of the instructor’s voice or the background score which will be there to repel the boredom.
- The instructors’ voice is quite engaging and the programmes are high in energy level so the time of exercise will be passed soon.
- There is flexibility in time frame. You can practice anytime of the day or night, as per your choice. This is really likeable, as you can either exercise in the morning, or later in the day. Even after doing the day’s chore, you can do some exercise before going to bed.
- The camera there comes with lens cap, so you can guard it while you need privacy.
- You are alone in a room so, however hyped the Mirror is, you can lack motivation on few days.
- Also Mirror does not give you much wider space to exercise, like if you side hop, you are in every chance going out of the scope of the mirror.
The Mirror has become famous with the celebrities, and quite legitimately. The upfront price of the Mirror is high; $1495 is needed get it installed. Also you need a $39 subscription per month to continue the classes and other features. But after the installation process and the cost of the product, the monthly subscription fee is cheaper than regular gym membership price.
- In home exercise facility
- Nice look
- Simple to operate
- Facilitated by mobile app
- Wifi connectivity
- Compatible with Apple watch and Bluetooth heart rate monitor
- Programmes can be personalized
- Not wide enough for sideway workout
A mirror works very much like a personal instructor. It trains you with personal shout-outs, other than giving real time instructions. So that makes sense when you think of buying one for your exercising sessions at home during this pandemic situation. The Mirror can really turn a gym-hater to a fitness freak thanks to the home bound exercising facility offered by Mirror.
- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: How to & Results
- Bodybuilding Supplements |Best for Weight Gain
- Sugar-Free Diet Plan | Foods, Benefits, Weight Loss
- Tips on Gaining Weight: Build Muscle and Gain Weight