Natalie Portman was born into a Jewish family. She is the star of films like “Star Wars” and “Leon the Professional”. Her lean and long body is the achievement of the Black Swan workout and she is quite popular for this. Black Swan is a movie for which Natalie had to become lean and thin for the role Nina. The program she had followed is called Ballet Beautiful. The workout consists of programs that take 5 hours a day, 6 days a week. The natural exercise processes like swimming and dancing ballet are also part of this program.
Natalie, whose birth name was Neta Lee Hershlag, was interested in performing arts from a very early age. She has always been praised for her stunning look with perfect curves. Her core is strong, narrow and well defined. She is not tall, with a height of 5 ft. 3 inches, but she is petite with taut and strong arms and long, toned legs.
Natalie Portman Workout Routine and Diet Plan
She has followed a vegetarian diet since she was 9, and read the book Eating Animals. Then she switched to veganism. Later she came back to eating eggs and dairy during her two pregnancies. But currently, she with her children is following a totally vegan diet. She replaces animal protein with vegetable protein, so she eats lots of beans and legumes. For protein boost in the vegetarian diet, lentil is an exceptionally good item.
Natalie Portman Diet Plan
As she does not eat milk, for the source of iron she drinks skimmed milk and leafy vegetables. Lots of salads consisting of iron-rich vegetables and fruits are her favorite. Broccoli and apple are surprisingly rich with nutrients and she comprises these two items in her daily diet. She does hate junk food and tries to ignore them as much as possible. Along with that, she drinks lots of water so the impurities of her body are flushed out.
Pre-event energy booster:
She used to have pancakes and vegetarian burgers before going to any event, so she does not have to eat any junk food due to the unavailability of healthy snacks. She also loves to have black bean and tofu burgers.
Clear skin with vegetables:
She prefers vegan diet over meat and fish for some other reasons too. She claims that since she has given up dairy she never had experienced breakouts.
Her own garden:
She has her own garden in Los Angeles where she grows fruits and vegetables that she consumes.
Family food habit:
Portman is lucky to have the support of her family in her vegan food habit. Her husband is not in this meal but the rest of the family shares her eating style.
She used to crave butter and sweets during her pregnancies and she had many cookies. For now, she prefers to have vegan ice cream while she is on her cheat meal.
Natalie Portman Workout Routine:
Weekly workout routine of Portman:
She does her workout for 5 hours a day. Her trainer got her ready for the role of Ballerina for the movie Black Swan. She says the combination of physical fitness and small portion diet was taking a toll on her mental health, but that is how the real ballerinas do it.
She does practice yoga and her exercise includes gentle stretching, progressive deep relaxation with proper breathing patterns. Yoga helps to relax the body and mind as well as it enhances the elasticity and strengthens the muscles.
- On the first day, she does a full-body workout. Warm-up includes stretching with 1-mile jogging. The workout consists of squat, clean and press, weighted lunges, push-ups, tricep push-ups, and cable rows, all in 3 sets and 10 reps.
- On the second day, which is an activity day she runs for half an hour and hikes for one to three hours. Also, she does her yoga.
- Third day of her week is for a full-body workout, which consists of front squats, deadlifts, leg press, tricep overhead extension, dips, and Arnold press all in three sets with 10 reps.
- Fourth day is another activity day when she repeats the routine of the second day.
- Fifth day is full-body workout day and she does squat cleans, chin-ups, weighted step-ups, skull crushers, chest press and hamstring curls in 3 sets with 10 reps.
Natalie Portman is an Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner and she is a famous producer, director and film writer besides being a popular actress. She was born in Israel but later moved to the US and now she is staying there with her family. She married Benjamin Millepied and is the mother of a son and a daughter.
- 5 Best Lower Back Exercises
- Zac Efron Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Mario Lopez Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- David Warner Workout Routine and Diet Plan