You are going to enter inside the world of a superstar singer Rihanna, who also has worked on movies like Star Trek, The Hangover and so on. Fondly called Riri by her fans, she has been successful in captivating the minds and gazes of her fans on Met Gala for consecutively seven times. Her fashion sense along with lean body has been able to take breathe away from the viewers.
Rihanna Workout Routine and Diet Plan
She is a true Barbadian beauty who has received acclaims for singing as well as for fashion. Her five-factor diet has been able to get her a body like no one else. She has more than one gym trainers and that is the cost she pays for being Riri. Her fitness trainer Harley Pasternack once declared that he could not always accompany Rihanna for the concerts and tours. So he did design a routine for her which she executes 3 to 5 times a week, to stay in shape while travelling.
Rihanna Workout Routine:
Rihana maintains her upper body sculpting as seriously as her lower body. So she has divided her workout schedule in three days. She tries to maintain a balance between her upper and lower body activities in balance. She does lots of martial arts, dancing, full range of sit-ups and torso rotation sit-ups for ab- specific workouts. Her trainer makes her workout in a continuous process where there is very little rest between the sets of exercises. This way her heart rate is kept at 80 minimum and the fat burn is maximum.
- A mix of cardio is to train her upper body. So she runs and does Tae Kwando and Capoeira. Basic dumbbell moves and regular activities like squats, lunges, shoulder presses are all included to make her a fit bodied person. Her two trainers offer her different types of workouts and motivations.
- Her intense cardio routine comprises of the treadmill, elliptical, side shuffling, stair jumps and hill-climbing.
- The upper body gets trained by shoulder press, dumbbell chest fly, upper body crunches, bicep curl, reverse crunches, overhead press and tricep extensions.
- For lower body toning, she does dumbbell tap squats, jump squats, mountain climbers and dumbbell lunges.
- Twisting planks in repetition are her way to get core muscles strong.
Ary Nunez, other than Harley Pasternack trains Rihana, concentrates on cardio and core workout. Other than the regular workouts, Rihana prefers to do Latin dancing and rhythmic session of callisthenics. Ary makes Rihana workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Cardio training like cycling, jumping packs, rope skipping and treadmill running are done by Ary. Core workout regime contains an active plank, holding plank, sit-ups with torso rotation and Russian twists.
Rihanna Diet Plan:
The much famous five-factor diet consumed by Rihana comes with five small portions of meals which are to be eaten throughout the day. The meals are composed of five key ingredients. The low glycaemic index carbohydrate, low-fat protein, healthy fats, fibre and sugar-free drink are allowed for Rihana. Vegetables, eggs, low-fat dairy, lean meat, nuts, olive oil are the ingredients which can be inculcated into her diet. The foods that are forbidden for us are high sodium food, bad fat, sugary drinks, processed foods and alcohol. Her meals must contain the key ingredients like curb, protein and fat.
- There is no strict diet for Rihana, other than the rules mentioned above. She loves to have BBQ flavoured pop chips on her cheat day. The normal day diet consists of egg whites, fish, lemon, potato, salad and protein bars. Her personal chef Debbie Solomon mentioned that Rihana never likes to eat from a scheduled item list. She is a “moody eater” and loves to have eggs for breakfast. It can be boiled eggs with sliced toast with the crust. Berries and mango, pineapple or papaya can be added. On lighter breakfast days she consumes egg whites, pineapple with hot water and lemon.
- While travelling, Rihana loves to have curried chicken. Rice, pasta and vegetables are favourites of Rihana. She also loves the Caribbean flavoured spices like cumin seeds, curry, bouillon and garlic. Mixing starches with protein is not a good habit as it delays the processing of protein, so when Riri eats protein, she combines it with veggies. She loves her food to be delicious so she chooses her food on the basis of taste and ingredients.
Motivation is a great thing for Rihana and she stays motivated throughout her workout sessions as well as diet. Eating food and training hard is the motto of her life.